I Think Brave is My Word of the Year


So it’s been a little quiet around here eh. And it’s not that I haven’t written, I have. A lot actually. Many post written at 5 in the morning, one handed on my phone while I rock and rock and rock our baby bear to sleep. But I can’t share; it feels like all too much. The encroaching deadline of his court date is weighing on me. I want him to stay with us so badly, even if it’s only for a year. I’d gladly accept any extra second I could spend with him.

They say Foster Care is not for wimps, and they weren’t kidding. But on the other hand I also think that foster care could be for most people, if we could just be a littler brave for the sake of someone who needs the love so much and for the sake of all the joy they bring. So I am a wimp, but I’m working on being brave every day for our little baby bear. I say silent prayers every time he smiles at me and holds onto me, in hushed tones I whisper “be brave, be brave, be brave…”


Cheers to words of comfort. 

6 comments:

  1. cheers to that, and to us all being just a little more brave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your experience could inspire other people to be brave enough for the foster care adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your words are so true, I can only imgaine what you're going through wow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is great, Alli. I'm so happy that you have this opportunity and that this little one has the opportunity to be cared for by such loving people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty sure you're not a wimp. But we'll definitely be praying for peace and strength for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this whole thing, it could be totally painful in the end. and you're a realist so let's just say, this one experience, it probably will be at some point. so you know that. enjoy it for now. just try, as i know you do, as i know you obviously are, enjoying it. and everything happens for a reason. i know you started this blog as a journey of sorts, a journey in motherhood that wasn't exactly "traditional." and maybe the universe is honoring that and giving you all these amazing experience to share and inspire others. and not only to say to others that "that can do it too," but they can do it and be happy, and be sad, and be full of grace. that it isn't easy, it isn't a straight path where you can see for a mile down the road. it's unknown, but your intentions are completely known - caring of those in need, that is the point. that's why you do it. but for now i am just going to be peppering the universe with lots of good wishes for you, and for little baby bear. xo

    ReplyDelete

I think you're awesome already.